Thursday, October 14, 2010

Into Temptation

I was doing so well until a few minutes ago when I went to make our Gardener some sandwiches for lunch. Both he and Elizabeth our Domestic Worker have made it quite clear to us that they "don't do brown bread" so we always have a loaf of white for their lunches. What is it about white bread that appeals to every one of my senses? As I took the loaf from the cupboard I felt myself go weak at the knees as my fingers felt the softness of the loaf. It looked so white and clean and inviting just begging me to scoff a few slices there and then. I swallowed back the saliva and took a few slices from the packet trying to hum away the mental anguish. Oh the aroma of fresh white bread reached my nostrils sending me into sensory overdrive. I turned away from the offending loaf and downed a glass of water. Right! Back to the task at hand. Then I realised the slices of ham I assumed we still had in the fridge were long gone thanks to Elizabeth and the cats begging for treats so I was forced to take out the cheddar cheese. Oh please someone help me!!!!!!!!! My all time favorite of white bread and creamy yellow cheese is before my very eyes and I am in serious and literal pain.
Before I could even process the thought not to eat it I had a huge chunk of the cheese in my mouth!
I felt like a vampire with a taste for what I want and hellbent on getting it. I wonder if my eyes had glazed over or were perhaps blood red with food lust?!?

Waking weight this morning = 50.8kg's.
100 grams heavier than yesterday but I keep telling myself it is just the extra water I'm drinking (wink wink)

1 comment: